Doane Academy believes that diversity in beliefs, cultures and points of view broadens and enhances the educational experience.
In fostering such an educational environment, Doane Academy enthusiastically welcomes international student applicants for the upcoming 9th–12th grades. Current and previous International students have found Doane Academy’s safe and encouraging school community a place where they are able to fully immerse themselves in American culture. Doane Academy’s college preparatory curriculum and extracurricular programs promote full English immersion and prepare students for global leadership.
Doane Academy’s small class sizes, SAT Prep and top college admissions counseling prepares students for higher level education in the United States. From their first day, international students are welcomed into a community of peers who are also preparing to be lifelong learners, responsible members of the school community and informed citizens of the world. International students who are interested in attending Doane Academy must be prepared to enrich their lives academically, socially and emotionally through an American high school experience.
- Class of 2017: Top 15% Mean SAT Score: 1370 (out of 1600)
- Class of 2017: Top 50% Mean SAT Score: 1280
- Upper School Mean SAT Score: 1174
- SAT score range - Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 440 - 700, Math 450 - 730
- Over the last six years, 130 graduates earned approximately $20.5 million in scholarships, and have been accepted to over 500 colleges.
- 100% of seniors attend 4-year college or university.
- A sample of colleges and universities attended by Doane Academy students over a five-year period ('12-'16) include; New York University, Cornell University, Temple University, Lafayette College, Rowan University, George Washington University, Wake Forest University and more.
- Click here to see a complete list of these colleges and universities.
- Click here to see where our seniors are going.
Doane Academy partners with international organizations affiliated with the Council on Standards for International Education and Travel (CSIET). Partner organizations will bring applicants through the admission process, manage logistics and secure appropriate homestay placement. While Doane Academy is open to working with new partner organizations, the following agencies are the school’s preferred partners.
- Quest International
- Heritage Student Foundation
- The Cambridge Institute
- Ivy International
Home-stays with a host family are a crucial experience for international students. As a host family, bringing the world into your home is a unique, enriching and rewarding experience for yourselves (and your children). Doane Academy and the school’s partner organizations strive to make sure that hosting comes at no extra cost and that 24/7 emergency support is available, so that host families and international students can focus on cultural immersion.