Careers at Doane Academy
Thank you for your interest in a career at Doane Academy.
Doane Academy welcomes qualified candidates seeking to join the ranks of our professional faculty and staff. We are interested in applicants who are devoted to an education for life, who are willing and able to embrace our small school culture, are committed to mastering the art and craft of educating, and can combine enthusiasm for their expertise with an understanding of the many different ways students learn.
Interest applicants should send a cover letter and C.V., to George B. Sanderson, Head of School,
Doane Academy at email@example.com.
Doane Academy seeks a full-time middle and upper school Latin teacher to join our outstanding faculty. Teachers at Doane Academy are dedicated, innovative, fun, caring, and collegial. In addition, we seek candidates with the following qualifications and experience:
● BA degree in Classics or related discipline is required.
● Masters degree in Classics or related discipline is preferred.
● Experience with and/or training in teaching upper level Latin courses, including AP, preferred.
● Expertise with teaching and mentoring both middle and upper school students is strongly preferred.
● Expertise with integrating technology into language instruction is preferred.
● Familiarity with, or experience, teaching in an independent school environment is a plus.
● Versatility, in terms of the ability to teach Spanish or another discipline, is a plus.
● Enthusiasm for, and knowledge about, classical culture and international travel as well as leading a student Latin club.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to George Sanderson, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doane is seeking substitute teachers for the 2020-2021 academic year. In the absence of a full-time teacher, substitute teachers provide instruction using existing lesson plans and manage the classroom environment. Candidates are required to have earned a college degree; classroom teaching experience, especially in an independent school environment, is preferred. To apply, email your letter of interest and resume to George Sanderson, Head of School, at email@example.com.
About Doane Academy
Doane Academy, founded in 1837, is an independent Episcopal day school serving students from age 3 through grade 12 in Burlington, New Jersey. The student body includes approximately 236 students. Doane maintains a deep commitment to academic excellence, leadership, the arts, athletics, and character development, which you can learn about by exploring this website. We are located on the banks of the Delaware River, about 30 minutes from Philadelphia and slightly over an hour from New York City.