Employment at Doane Academy
Thank you for your interest in a career at Doane Academy.
Lower School Spanish Teacher
Doane Academy seeks a full-time lower school Spanish teacher with the following qualifications and experience:
- Experience with and/or training in teaching lower school Spanish (preschool-grade 5).
- Superior oral and written fluency in Spanish.
- Masters Degree in Spanish or related field preferred.
- Having both an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit.
- Enthusiasm for, and knowledge about, Spanish-speaking cultures.
- Ability to teach within an immersion model (ability to teach class 100% in the target language).
- Familiarity with proficiency-based curricula and communicative approach to instruction.
- Willingness to collaborate with other lower school teachers and middle and upper school Spanish teachers.
- Expertise with using technology to support language acquisition.
- Time spent living or studying abroad is a plus.
- Familiarity with, or experience, teaching in an independent school environment is a plus.
Interested candidates should send a cover lever and resume to Allison Baratta, Head of Middle School, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School Math and Science Teacher
Doane Academy seeks a full-time teacher of middle school math and science with the following qualifications:
- Experience with teaching middle school science courses including Earth Science, Life Science, and Physical Science.
- Experience with teaching math up to and including Algebra I.
- BS or BSE degree required; masters preferred.
- Experience with S.T.E.A.M. curriculum and/or involvement with extracurricular S.T.E.A.M. activities is a plus.
- Ability to teach a section of upper school math or science is a plus. Candidates should have enthusiasm for joining an entrepreneurial, collegial, enthusiastic, innovative, fun groupof teaching professionals.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Michael Russell, chair of the Math and Science Departments at email@example.com
Head Coach – Boys Varsity Soccer
Doane Academy seeks a head coach for its varsity boys’ soccer team with the following qualifications:
- BA degree or equivalent required
- 3-5 years high school or comparable club coaching experience required
- strong communication skills required
- USSF “C” license, or higher, preferred
- Independent school experience a plus
The successful candidate will bring passion and a high energy level to the soccer program at Doane. Inquiries in the form of a cover letter and resume should be directed to Dan Williamson, Director of Athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doane is also seeking substitute teachers for the 2017-2018 academic year. In the absence of a full-time teacher, substitute teachers provide instruction using existing lesson plans and manage the classroom environment. Candidates are required to have earned a college degree; classroom teaching experience, especially in an independent school environment, is preferred. To apply, email your letter of interest and resume to George Sanderson, Headmaster, at email@example.com
About Doane Academy
Doane Academy, founded in 1837, is an independent Episcopal day school serving students from age 3 through grade 12 in Burlington, New Jersey. The student body includes approximately 236 students. Doane maintains a deep commitment to academic excellence, leadership, the arts, athletics, and character development, which you can learn about by exploring this website. We are located on the banks of the Delaware River, about 30 minutes from Philadelphia and slightly over an hour from New York City.