Middle School Grades 6-8
A Focus on Community
Our Middle School Program is designed to help students gain a greater sense of autonomy while developing strong, ethical leadership skills. Components of this program include:
- A rigorous, well-articulated grade 6-8 Lead Onward Curriculum focused on restorative practices, building towards autonomy, tackling difficult questions, and being a positive citizen
- A comprehensive grade 6-8 Health and Wellness curriculum focused on self-care, conflict management, healthy relationships, and emotional and physical well-being
- Participation in Doane’s Rocks. Roots, and Wings outdoor education leadership program
- Year-round opportunities to participate in team sports led by experienced middle school coaches
- Various middle-school specific club offerings such as Student Ambassadors, S.T.E.A.M., Drama Club, Board Game Club, and Spanish Club.
- Middle School Student Government
- A student-centered Advisory Program led by Middle School teachers
- Academic Enrichment periods built into the daily schedule
"The best school experience my child could have ever asked for. I cannot attest to how much Doane is helping her academically, socially, and physically. Great sense of community can be found here in comparison to other elite private schools in the area. The teachers are some of the most helpful and caring she has ever met, and have true personalities behind their intellect. They really want to see the students succeed. Best decision we made was attending Doane Academy."
- Sherri, Middle School parent