Affording Doane Academy
Doane Academy makes a significant financial commitment to create a community in which students from a variety of experiences can learn together.
Doane Academy utilizes a Financial Aid Committee to review applications for aid.
Doane Academy expects families applying for aid to use all available financial resources to contribute to their child’s education. These resources include, but are not limited to discretionary income, student assets, and support from relatives.
Doane Academy requires all families applying for financial aid to submit their most recent tax return. Parents who own a business and/or farm must submit a copy of their business tax return.
Doane Academy considers the resources of all parents, stepparents and legal guardians before offering financial aid.
Doane Academy imputes an annual salary of $20,000 for parents who do not work. Exceptions can be made if a parent is disabled or sick, or if a parent is caring for either a preschool child or a disabled or sick relative.
Families who complete their financial aid application by the January 15 priority deadline will receive their financial aid award with their acceptance letter and enrollment contract.
Doane Academy allows families to appeal their financial aid award. Families must submit a letter explaining why the award should be increased. The letter must include new information if the appeal is to be considered.
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- What are the financial aid deadlines?
- How are financial aid awards determined?
- Do families reapply for financial aid each year?
- Does Doane Academy offer merit scholarships?
- Do you offer a sibling discount?
- Do you offer a discount for military families?
- Does Doane Academy offer payment plans?
- Do you offer financial aid application fee waivers?