1. Personal Transportation: Drop your child off in the morning and pick them up in the evening. Other families arrange carpools which allows them to share the task of driving while building relationships. Doane Academy is happy to help facilitate these connections. Upper school students who are licensed to drive are welcome to drive themselves to school with parental permission.
2. Doane Academy Bus Service: This service is available at an additional cost for families residing in New Jersey. Families may choose to participate for a full school year or by season. We use centralized bus stops which are selected based on the locations of families who elect to use the service. Stops have ranged anywhere from Princeton to Sicklerville in the past.
Rates for 2019-2020:
- Round Trip: $3,375 per year ($1,125 per season)
- One Way: $1,950 per year ($650 per season)
3. School District-Provided Busing: If you reside within the following New Jersey and Pennsylvania school districts you may be eligible for district-provided transportation to:
- NJ: Burlington Township, Florence and Willingboro.
- PA: Bensalem, Bristol, Neshaminy and Pennsbury.
Eligibility and Exemption Information for New Jersey Students
- Children must be enrolled in Kindergarten (5 years of age at the start of school)-Grade 12.
- Children must live within 2- 20 miles of Doane Academy to be eligible.
- In order to be eligible for either transportation or reimbursement, families MUST register their child with their public school district for busing through the Application for Private School Transportation Form (B6T). Families applying for Fall 2020 entry should complete the B6T as soon as possible after enrollment. Click here to download the B6T form. Please send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Districts that provide transportation for their public school students must provide transportation or aid in lieu of transportation for independent school students living within their district.
- Districts that do not provide transportation to their own public school students will not provide transportation or aid in lieu of transportation for independent school students living within their district.
- For more information, visit the New Jersey Department of Education's website.
For more information about Pennsylvania school district transportation, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Education's website.
4. The Light Rail: Doane Academy is within walking distance from Burlington South Station.
Please contact Director of Transportation Sara Flamm at email@example.com with any questions.