Tuition & Value
We know that sending a child to an independent school is a substantial financial commitment. At Doane Academy, each student is known, loved, and strongly encouraged to develop their unique potential, so the returns are well worth the investment.
How students are KNOWN and LOVED at Doane
- Small Classes, Big Ideas
Lower School Average Class/Grade - 11 students
Middle School Average Class/Grade - 16 students
Upper School Average Class - 12 students
Upper School Average Grade - 30 students
Student to Teacher Ratio - 7:1
- Advisory - all Middle School and Upper School students have an advisor, a faculty member dedicated to supporting the student’s academic and personal growth during their time at Doane.
- School Family is a biweekly opportunity for all students to interact across grade levels.
How students DEVELOP THEIR UNIQUE POTENTIAL at Doane
- Arts - Because of the powerful ways in which the arts unlock creativity and build resilience, Doane places them equal to other academic courses and allows students to pursue multiple courses of artistic study. All Lower School students participate in visual arts and music classes. Middle and Upper School students have a wide variety of visual and performing arts disciplines to choose from
- Athletics - Participating on one of our 13 sports teams helps students learn partnership and develop a healthy mind-body connection.
- Breadth of Course Offerings - We offer 17 AP and 11 honors courses. From Engineering Mechanics to Introduction to Filmmaking, students can take a deep dive into specialized subjects they are interested in. In addition to visual arts and music, all Lower School students participate in Library, Spanish, and STEAM.
- College Counseling - Our Director of College Counseling serves as an advocate and resource for Upper School students as they prepare for the college application process and their life after Doane. The Director has worked in college admissions and connects students with colleges and universities across the country.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Through participation in DEI workshops and Affinity, Awareness, and Accountability spaces, our students work together in a safe and supportive environment where all individuals can be themselves.
- Leadership: Lead Onward - Students in 6th-12th grade participate in seminars focused on character growth and leadership. Students participate in self-reflection exercises, learn about different ethical and moral philosophies, and facilitate group discussions around challenging topics.
We offer after school care until 5:30 pm for students in PreK - 5th grade. The cost of this service ranges from $125 - $1,500, depending on how often you utilize this option. Visit the Extended Day Options page for details about specific rates.